October 24,U.S. President Trump plans to build a new 90,000-square-foot (approximately 8,361 square meters) luxury banquet hall in the White House.According to CNN, the White House said that large companies such as Apple and Google have donated to the project.

Trump builds luxury banquet hall
This week, construction on the ballroom has begun and parts of the East Wing of the White House have been demolished. Trump said that the banquet hall will cost approximately US$300 million (approximately 2.1 billion yuan) and will be financed through private donations and will not cost taxpayers money. But the cost has increased by $100 million from the $200 million he previously announced.
In addition to Apple and Google, other well-known technology companies that have donated include Amazon, Microsoft, Meta, HP, and Micron.It's unclear exactly how much money the companies donated.